You are about to enter Step 1
Define your business
- Identify the objective(s) for the assessment
- Define the geographic area of the assessment
- Collect development context information and list key issues for the assessment area
- Select business activities to be assessed
You are about to enter Step 2
Measure your company footprint
- Identify the sources of impact for each business activity
- Identify relevant indicators for direct and indirect impacts
You are about to enter Step 3
Understand your footprint in the development context
- Determine the level of stakeholder engagement
- Engage with stakeholders to prioritize the development issues (optional)
- Build hypothesis of the business contribution to development
- Test hypothesis with stakeholders and refine overall assessment (optional)
You have now reached the end of the data collection process.
Let’s begin to build a hypothesis of the business contribution to development !
The hypothesis has now been built.
Let’s take a look at the results and prioritize areas for action.
You are about to enter Step 4
Make better-informed decisions
- Identify priority areas for action
- Consider possible business responses and prepare recommendations for management
- Decide on the way forward
- Develop indicators to monitor progress
Congratulations! The whole process is now complete !
Your project has been successfully saved. You can come back and edit it at any time.
Welcome to our Measuring Impact Tool
This tool will guide you through the WBCSD Measuring Impact Framework's 4-step methodology :
- step 1 Set boundaries
- step 2 Measure direct and indirect impacts
- step 3 Assess contribution to development
- step 4 Prioritize management response
Please note : The tool is intended to be used alongside the WBCSD Measuring Impact Framework Methodology which can be downloaded here
This application can be used on both desktops and mobile devices with Chrome and Safari browsers. Compatibility issues could be encountered with other browsers.
- This application can also be used offline on tablets and smartphones running the (Apple) iOS or (Google) Android operating systems.
- To use the application offline on your mobile device, make sure to use it in full screen mode.
- To use the application offline in full screen mode on iOS, proceed as follows::
- Go to “Settings”, select “Safari”, then “Advanced" > “Website Data” and clear all wbcsd-mif.org data if there is any;
- Close your settings panel and open this website in Safari;
- Tap on the bookmark icon and select "Add to Home Screen".
- Open this application from your home screen and connect to your account;
- Then load the project you wish to use offline;
- Once completely loaded, your application is ready to go offline.
- DO NOT clear your cache when you are offline : You would otherwise lose any modifications not synchronized with the server.
- Back to the main menu. This is where your projects are listed.
- Export current project to PDF.
- Help (this page).
- Internet connection (online/offline). When offline you can only access the project that is currently open.
- Edit project.
- Duplicate project.
- Delete project.
Please note that your projects are saved every time you click the "next" button.
Full instructions for each of the steps covered by this tool are included in the Measuring Impact Framework Methodology.
If the answers to your questions cannot be found here, you can contact us by e-mail at anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about WBCSD's work on Measuring socio-economic impact, including our latest publications and case studies at: www.wbcsd.org/impact.aspx
You are not connected and credentials are missing.
Please connect to the internet and relaunch the web app.
Please use this webapp in landscape mode